Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm back (and better than ever)

Okay, maybe not that second part.

But I'm back.

Our vacation was wooooonderful. Last time we traveled to visit our family, the Bean was 8 months old and woke up every 1-2 hours all night long for TWO SOLID WEEKS. Ugh. This time, he usually only woke up once a night for quick milkies and back to sleep. Thank you Jesus! It was hard to leave, but it's always nice to be back in our own bed.

Now it's back to reality.

I am not pregnant.

I called our potential new RE's office again to reschedule an initial consultation. Despite the highly irritating commercials they constantly play on the radio about "part of you" worrying about the mortgage payment but "all of you" wanting a baby. Seriously?

The appointment is on June 25. I was writing it on the calendar and winced when I realized I agreed to drive into downtown Seattle during rush hour traffic. Ouch.

It will also be the first time Bean stays with a babysitter.

Big day.

14 comments:

  1. Glad your vacation was pleasant, and that you were able to get some decent sleep while on your travels.

    Sorry no BFP...sighs.

    Will be thinking of you on the 25th...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a tremendous vacation! So sorry that there was no BFP this time around. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the meeting with RE and ensuing attempts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I am so sorry for your BFN. UGH!

    Your little guy is adorable!!!

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the appointment. Isn't it nice just having a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time on your vacation. It really does nurish our souls don't you think?

    I hope you guys have the best possible appointment and plan when you visit with the RE. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well depending on the time, you can always pick me up for the ride home so you can be in the carpool lane :)

    They play commercials on the radio? Of course I listen to the classic rock station whose core audience is post-menopause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Home from Michigan!! Back to reality, Seattle traffic rivals is as bad as LA I understand, ugh. Best Wishes for your appointment and your son's first baby sitting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!

    I'm sure Bean will do great with a babysitter. The first time is usually harder on mom than it is on baby. The key is get him playing with the babysitter for a while when you're still there, then say a quick goodbye, emphasize that you'll be home again very soon, then make a fast exit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am so glad that you had fun in your vacation...reality is such a doozer!

    I hope the traffic does not trouble you much and that Bean does well with the babysitter!

    All the very best!@

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry there wasn't good news this time around! Good luck with your appointment. I'll be thinking about you!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you have a plan. Best of luck on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are back and had a good time. good Luck on the 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe you can bring a sleeping bag and come the night before ;-).

    And yes, you DO qualify as a cougar. Grrrrwlll!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...